Your Cottagecore destination? Dream wedding venue? Big ol birthday blow-out? For the most unconventional (but secret-sauce) pro-tips, have a L.O.O.K.
LOVE. Don’t roll your eyes, but love is everything.
1. How does the team behind the venue demonstrate they love what they do?
2. Can you see that they love the environment, their team members, and the property?
3. Is their passion communicated with ardor and sincerity to all their guests?
4. Most significantly, check their online presence and ask the all-important question: do their guests love them?
ORIGINALITY. We get it, each venue is a special snowflake, BUT:
1. How does the place you are eying up truly stand apart? Is this glowing aspect at the top of your priority?
2. Originality can include professionalism. Does everything you see from the team exude competence and unusual intelligence, style, and humour?
3. A particular space can be beautiful, but remember, you’ll likely be working with this team for quite a few months. Professionalism and compassion will go a long way in your working relationship.
4. IMPORTANT: No venue can be original in all aspects, but do these guys constantly try really hard to achieve that goal?
ORGANIC. Not just the ingredients on your menus, but a place for your personality.
1. Are there gorgeous flexibility and wonders in this place that will foster your grand vision?
2. What opportunities do you have to work with the settings to create dynamic, intimate, and effortless gatherings?
3. How do the folks who work at the venue embrace fantastical challenges, and are they exhilarated by bespoke experiences?
4. CRITICAL: How have they done due diligence on YOU? Do they speak right away of their process to learn of your preferences and constraints? A trustworthy and worthwhile venue won’t just accept every enquiry that rolls through the door.
KINDNESS. Stop the presses, you say, this is venue-vetting, not a marriage proposal.
1. Dare we say that in this divisive time, might a moral compass matter more than ever? Can you tell in your due diligence the values and ethics of the venue’s team?
2. Take time to read through the venue’s engagement with its audience. Is there a sincere warmth and generosity?
3. Do people say unusual things that capture the team’s conscience?
4. Finally, do your guts tell you that these are decent people who truly care and will, above all, be kind to all that they meet and work with?